6 Must Have Plugins for Your WordPress Installs
In my experience with custom WordPress installs, I found myself installing the same plugins over and over. What I’ve done to increase my efficiency of installing WordPress, I took all my most used plugins and dropped them into the plugin folder of my WordPress install package. Now when I upload WordPress it automatically installs all my most commonly used plugins.
By no means is this a complete list of all the plugins that everyone uses everytime, but it’s what I personally use for all of my installs.
I’ve compiled a zip file that contains the following plugins (in no particular order):
- All in One SEO Pack – Optimizes your WordPress site for search engines by automatically optimizing your titles and meta tags.
- WP Database Backup – Allows you to automatically schedule backups of your WordPress database. Download or send the backup to your email.
- Sitemap Generator – Quickly creates a human-readable sitemap for your WordPress site.
- Contact Form 7 – Let’s you quickly create contact forms for your WordPress site. Supports multiple contact forms and customize the form and content flexibly with simple markup. Supports AJAX submission and validation, CAPTCHA and Akismet spam filtering.
- My Page Order – Allows you to order your pages and subpages through the use of a drag and drop interface. Also supports a widget that uses all the page order options.
- Google Sitemap Generator – This plugin generates XML sitemaps that help search engines index your site with greater efficiency.
Download my Must Have WordPress plugins. My zip file includes a readme.txt file that has a link to each plugin homepage for install instructions, screen grabs and FAQs. Please feel free to contact me for any additional suggestions!
What's the Buzz?
Andy is a true top notch programmer with a great eye for design, style and balance. When I out source web development projects, I look for qualified and competent programmers that can understand the big picture, add value throughout entire process, and pays close attention to the details – Andy fits the bill.
Andy is well-versed in web development using various programming languages and CMS platforms. Andy is able to deliver a flawless website based on the creative vision and project requirements. He is able to do it on time and on budget.
I highly recommended Andy as a web developer and give him four stars on his professionalism.
- John LeDonne